Snuggle in with this classic winter warmer direct from Italy.
3 chorizo sausages, casings removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
250g lean beef mince
2 x 400g cans Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
150ml red wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
500g dried spaghetti
Grated parmesan and toasted pine nuts, to serve
1. Roughly chop the chorizo meat and place in a food processor, then whiz until coarsely ground.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the chorizo mince and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes until browned. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the fat in the pan.
3. Add the onion, garlic and thyme with some salt and pepper and cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. Add the beef mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until browned.
4. Return chorizo meat to the pan and stir in the tomatoes, wine and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning to taste, then stir in parsley and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain.
6. To serve, divide the spaghetti among serving bowls and top with the ragu. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and top with the pine nuts.